Returns, Replacement/Exchanges, Order Cancellation, and Refund Policy
Any order placed with us can be cancelled within 24 hours prior to shipment by immediately emailing us at or calling us at 703-888-9414. Please know that we strive hard to do same day shipping on orders received by us before 4 PM, EST, Monday through Friday. However, once an order has shipped from our facility and in route to you we absolutely cannot refund the shipping charges. Any authorized returns after that point are your responsibility to ship back to us at your expense for a refund.
Please note that customer requests for orders already placed to be cancelled will be processed for a refund on the next business day.
We will accept returns that are requested within 15 days ONLY after you physically receive your shipment from us under the following conditions:
1. All returns must have prior approval and issued an RMA number. Please contact us to receive an authorization RMA number, and the company's product return address. This number must also be clearly written on the outside of the box next to your return address. Any returns without a visible RMA number on the box will be refused upon delivery and returned back to you.
2. All requested returns must be made within 15 days after proof of delivery for a refund of purchase price, and minus any shipping charges that were paid by us. After 15 days, qualified returns will receive the refund in the form of a Paint and Powder Cosmetics store credit that is good for 1 year from the date of issue, and can be used for future purchases at PaintandPowderstore.com. Store credit is non-transferrable from one person to another, and non-refundable, and it has no actual cash value outside of the Paint and Powder Cosmetics store. Unused Store Credits will expire 1 year from the date of issue, and once expired are auotmatically purged from the system.
3. We charge a 10% restocking fee on all returns that qualify under this policy, no exceptions. For product exchanges we will waive the restocking fee, however you will be responsible for the return postage and re-shipment postage. We will not exchange any product that has been opened, which means any product that has been tampered with the sealed packaging in any way, tested, touched, sampled, or discharged the contents of the product(s). The product is considered used and original sanitary condition compromised, therefore unsellable to or unusable by another individual. We do check returned products very carefully for the above conditions before a refund is issued.
4. You are responsible for all shipping charges to return the product(s) to us as directed. Returns must be sent in a manner that allows for package tracking, via Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation, to ensure its delivery, and that we receive your return in a timely manner. We are not responsible for any returns that are not shipped to us or received in accordance with this stated policy. We are not responsible for returns that do not reach us or become lost in the mail delivery system. For this reason returns must be sent Insured or Signature Confirmation.
5. We accept returns and exchanges on unopened or sealed products ONLY. This means you have not tampered with the packaging in any way, tested, touched, sampled, or discharged the contents of the returned product(s). We suggest returning it in the original packing and shipping material it came in. Please note: any item returned or exchanged that has been found to have been opened or tampered with as stated above will be subject to a 50% return fee. These items are considered used and compromised in sanitation, and will not be able to be resold or used by another individual. We take this policy very seriously and there are no exceptions. Refunds on items found to be used as stated above will be refunded in the form of a store credit ONLY. Unused Store Credits will expire 1 year from the date of issue, and once expired are auotmatically purged from the system.
6. IMPORTANT NOTICE: If the item you are returning has been drop shipped to you directy from the manufacturer and has been approved by us for return, you will be directed to ship the item back to the manufacturer rather than to our store location. We do not accept any drop shipped items returned to our store location, they will be refused delivery and returned back to you. However, Paint and Powder Cosmetics will still be the responsible party to process and issue the refund according to this policy.
7. You will be refunded in the manner in which you paid, and refunds will be issued within 2 business days after receipt of the return. Your refund will reflect the cost of the product(s) less the shipping charges to send the original order to you, which includes any "Free Shipping" charges we paid for to send your original order should it have qualified for Free Shipping. If you are refusing a shipment sent to you by us through UPS, please note that UPS charges us a return shipment fee, and that fee will also be deducted from your refund amount.
8. Certain special order items or custom manufactured products, or items that are on sale (reduced pricing) or clearance are final sale only and not eligible for any refund.
Refused and Unclaimed Deliveries:
If a shipment is rerouted back to us because of a refused delivery or buyer's change of mind we will refund your purchase price under the following conditions: All contents have been determined to be untouched and in resale condition according to our stated policy. You will be charged a 10% restocking fee, which will be deducted before issuing a final refund. All round trip shipping charges, including any Free Shipping qualified purchases we paid shipping for, UPS return fees, etc. will also be deducted in addition to the restocking fee.
Returned or abandonded deliveries that go unclaimed and are returned back to us will be stored for 3 months by us in the original unopened shipping package. We will contact you directly concerning this return to get instructions from you for either a re-shipment of the packge or a refund. If you want it re-shipped to you we will collect further shipping charges from you to be paid for prior to re-shipment. Any refunds are in accordance to our policy stated above. Should attempts to contact you go unanswered, or you don't reply to messages by phone or email after the 3 month period, the package will be opened and all contents disposed of in a proper manner. Any refunds requested by the customer after the 3 month period, and within 6 months of the date we received the shipment back to us, will be at 50% of the value, minus all shipping charges paid, and in the form of a store credit only. After the 6 month period the shipment it is considered a forfeit, and refund privileges no longer apply. We do keep a date log of all contact attempts and responses made to you by us, through emails and by phone, concerning your refused delivery/unclaimed return. Please make every effort to respond so that we can settle the issue to your satisfaction within the 6 month timeframe allotment.
Paint and Powder Cosmetics endeavors to provide the highest quality customer service and satisfaction, but we are human, and occasionally we do make mistakes in packing orders and shipping. In the event that we made mistakes with your order please contact us within 24 hours of receipt of your wrong shipment and we will take steps to correct it immediately to your satisfaction.
We will ship you your corrected order in same day turnaround shipping. The corrected shipment will also include a return shipping label inside that has an RMA number on it to return the wrongly shipped item or shipment to us in it's original shipping container. You will not be charged any additional shipping fees to receive your correct shipment, or to return the wrong shipment to us.
DAMAGED GOODS SHIPMENT - RETURNS/REPLACEMENTS/EXCHANGES
We will correct any damaged goods situation within 15 days ONLY after you receive your shipment from us, under the following conditions:
As perfect as we try to be in packing product shipments securely, there are the very rare occurrences when product packaging breaks or spills during shipping. If your products arrive damaged or spilled, please contact us immediately for further instructions. Do not destroy or throw away either the shipping container, broken products or spilled containers, or we will not be able to verify and correct the situation for you. You will be required to send us a photograph of the damaged or spilled goods in order to verify the condition, and replace or refund the product iif the situation warrants that action. Hold on to them for return to us at our return shipping expense, once we verify the situation and decide to issue a return mailer.
Upon notification to us of the situation and the damage incurred, we will decide, at our discretion whether to send you a new shipment of same products or refund the purchase amount of the damaged products. You will be given an RMA number to ship back to us all the damaged items. You will not be charged any additional shipping fees to to return the damaged products shipment to us or receive an exchange shipment.
COLD CLIMATE SENSITIVE PRODUCTS/DAMAGED GOODS SHIPPED IN EXTREME COLD OR FREEZING WEATHER:
Report any damaged goods situation within 15 days ONLY after you receive your shipment from us, under the following conditions:
Products that are freeze or cold sensitive are indicated so in the product description page, and you are ordering these products at your own risk during the months (November to March) that experience cold/freezing climate. Our Winter Shipping Notice is clearly posted on the front page in two places: an icon at the top and printed notice at bottom of the page. The icon is always visible at the top on every page of the website. If you order any cold or freeze sensitive products during extreme cold or winter months, such as latex, silicone, gels, adhesives,(including skin care items in glass containers that may break if frozen during shipping) etc. they may be chemically altered or spoiled upon arrival to a location that experiences frigid climate conditions.
In most cases you will be alerted by email about cold/freeze senstive products that may be in your order, and will be required to agree to the Cold Climate Sentive Product liabiity policy before your order is shipped, which includes the following:
"Paint and Powder Cosmetics is not responsible for freeze or cold sensitive product's condition upon arrival to your location. You are ordering them entirely at your own risk and responsibility. If you must order these products during this time we strongly recommend Express shipping during the extreme cold or winter months, particularly during November to March. Please understand you are ordering at your own risk during these times. We always recommend to our customers that they order enough supplies of these items during the late fall months to last through the colder parts of the year. We will not replace any product that has been shipped and arrives to your destination, with containers cracked, broken, or product frozen or spoiled due to cold weather or freeze conditions,
Our liability is limited to the cost or replacement of the goods sold, Please understand we cannot guarantee the condition of any item once it physically leaves our facility for shipping and is delivered to you. Nor can we be held responsible for the manner in which you receive the product, but we will do our very best to guarantee a satisfactory outcome. PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse replacement for falsified or purposely damaged items not caused by shipping and delivery means.
OUR PRODUCT GUARANTEE:
We are committed to providing the very best products and outstanding customer service even before the sale. We carefully check each product item for quality and freshness in both formulation and packaging when it arrives to our facility, and again before filling and shipping customer orders. Any defective merchandise is immediately detected by this inventory control before it ever gets to our customer order fulfillment.
We will be most happy to personally help you with your inquiries, product concerns, and choices. Simply email us at the address above or give us a call. We offer sample sizes for sale of a few of our products so that you can try them first. We strongly suggest this if you are unsure of your needs or a product's performance for your specific requirements.
Your satisfaction in your shopping experience with Paint and Powder Cosmetics is very important to us. Unlike many other online cosmetic companies, we do not charge you handling, packing, fuel, or other surcharge fees when preparing and shipping orders placed through our website. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase we will refund the full amount of the purchase price minus the appropriate shipping charges.
BRAND AUTHENTICITY STATEMENT - FOR YOUR PROTECTION:
Paint and Powder Cosmetics is an official/authorized dealership of the product lines we represent and offer for sale on the website, and at our physical store location in Chantilly, VA. We DO NOT resale, or authorize any of our products to be sold on EBay, Amazon, or through any other third party location, and never will. Likewise, we do not purchase or sell any inventory from any of these third party entities, and only buy FRESH product direct from original brand manufacturers.
We also do not sell any brands with protected international distributorships or cooperative agreements to countries or retailers outside of North America. This policy honors and insures our brand loyalty, so that our vendors and customers receive the highest standard in ethical business practices along with top quality products.
Our Brand Authenticity Statement and Return/Exchange Policy further safeguards the integrity and freshness of the product lines we are authorized to represent and sell. We have a strict return/exchange policy which serves to protect our customer's confidence in knowing we NEVER allow used or compromised product as part of our business practices.
Other makeup store websites that take back used or compromised makeup may end up putting those back in their inventory for sale or sell them through third party sites, such as EBay or Amazon. They may sell them off to other third party sites and foreign makeup consignment countries.
Paint and Powder Cosmetics will never ever knowingly participate in any of these practices or or condone the use of them! Freshness, purity, and sanitation is of the utmost importance in our business ethics and how we receive, handl,e and deliver products to our customers!
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our Returns and Cancellation Policy, please send them to , or write to us at the following address:
Paint and Powder Cosmetics
4116 Walney Road, Suite B
Chantilly, VA 20151
Page Last Updated on 23 February 2017