Return/Exchange and Cancellation Policy
Any order placed with us can be cancelled within 24 hours prior to shipment by immediately emailing us at or calling us at 703-888-9414. Please keep in mind that we sometimes are able to do same day shipping on orders received by us before 4 PM, EST, Monday through Friday. However once an order has shipped from our facility we cannot refund the shipping charges. Any authorized returns after that point are your responsibility to ship back to us at your expense for a refund.
We are committed to providing the very best products and outstanding customer service even before the sale. We carefully check each product item for quality and freshness in both formulation and packaging when it arrives to our facility, and again before filling and shipping customer orders. Any defective merchandise is immediately detected by this inventory control before it ever gets to our customer order fulfillment.
We will be most happy to personally help you with your inquiries, product concerns, and choices. Simply email us at the address above or give us a call. We offer sample sizes for sale of a few of our products so that you can try them first. We strongly suggest this if you are unsure of your needs or a product's performance for your specific requirements.
Your satisfaction in your shopping experience with Paint and Powder Cosmetics is very important to us. Unlike many other online cosmetic companies, we do not charge you handling, packing, fuel, or other surcharge fees when preparing and shipping your order. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase we will refund the full amount of the purchase price minus the appropriate shipping charges.
BRAND AUTHENTICITY STATEMENT:
Paint and Powder Cosmetics is an official/authorized dealership of the product lines we represent and offer for sale on the website, and at our physical store location in Chantilly, VA. We DO NOT resale, or authorize any of our products to be sold on EBay, Amazon, or through any other third party location, and never will. Likewise, we do not purchase or sell any inventory from any of these third party entities, and only buy direct from original brand manufacturers.
You can be assured that any product you purchase from us is fresh, and straight from the brand manufacturer's facilities. We also do not sell any brands with protected international distributorships or cooperative agreements to countries or retailers outside of North America. This policy honors and insures our brand loyalty, so that our vendors and customers receive the highest standard in ethical business practices along with top quality products.
Our Brand Authenticity Statement and Return/Exchange Policy further safeguards the integrity and freshness of the product lines we are authorized to represent and sell. We have a strict return/exchange policy which serves to protect our customer's confidence in knowing we NEVER allow used or compromised product as part of our business practices.
Other makeup store websites that take back used or compromised makeup may end up putting those back in their inventory for sale or sell them through third party sites, such as EBay or Amazon. They may sell them off to other third party sites and foreign makeup consignment countries.
Paint and Powder Cosmetics will never ever knowingly participate in any of these practices or or condone the use of them! Freshness, purity, and sanitation is of the utmost importance in our business ethics and how we receive, handl,e and deliver products to our customers!
We will accept returns within 15 days ONLY after you receive your shipment from us under the following conditions:
1. All returns must have prior approval and issued an RMA number. Please contact us to receive an authorization RMA number, and the company's product return address. This number must also be clearly written on the outside of the box next to your return address. Any returns without a visible RMA number on the box will be refused upon delivery, and returned back to you at your expense.
2. All returns must be made within 15 days of purchase to qualify for a refund of purchase price, minus any shipping charges. After 15 days you will receive the refund in the form of a Paint and Powder Cosmetics store credit that is good indefinitely for future purchases at PaintandPowderstore.com. Store credit is non-transferrable from one person to another, and non-refundable, and it has no actual cash value outside of the Paint and Powder Cosmetics store.
3. We charge a 10% restocking fee on all returns that qualify under this policy, no exceptions. For product exchanges we will waive the restocking fee, however you will be responsible for the return postage and re-shipment postage. We will not exchange any product that has been opened, which means any product that has been tampered with the sealed packaging in any way, tested, touched, sampled, or discharged the contents of the product(s). The product is considered used and original sanitary condition compromised, therefore unsellable to or unusable by another individual. We do check returned products very carefully for the above conditions before a refund is issued.
4. You are responsible for all shipping charges to return the product(s) to us. Returns must be sent in a manner that allows for package tracking, via Delivery Confirmation or Signature Confirmation, to ensure its delivery, and that we receive your return in a timely manner. We are not responsible for any returns that are not shipped to us or received in accordance with this stated policy. We are not responsible for returns that do not reach us or become lost in the mail delivery system. For this reason returns must be sent Insured or Signature Confirmation.
5. We accept returns and exchanges on unopened or sealed products ONLY. This means you have not tampered with the packaging in any way, tested, touched, sampled, or discharged the contents of the returned product(s). We suggest returning it in the original packing and shipping material it came in. Please note: any item returned or exchanged that has been found to have been opened or tampered with as stated above will be subject to a 50% return fee. These items are considered used and compromised in sanitation, and will not be able to be resold or used by another individual. We take this policy very seriously and there are no exceptions. Refunds on items found to be used as stated above will be refunded in the form of a store credit ONLY.
6. You will be refunded in the manner in which you paid, and refunds will be issued within 2 business days after receipt of the return. Your refund will reflect the cost of the product(s) less the shipping charges to send the original order to you, which includes any "Free Shipping" charges we paid for to send your original order should it have qualified for Free Shipping.
7. Special order products, custom manufactured products, or items that are on sale (reduced pricing) or clearance are final sale only and not eligible for any refund.
If a shipment is rerouted back to us because of a refused delivery or buyer's change of mind we will refund your purchase price under the following conditions: All contents have been determined to be untouched and in resale condition according to our stated policy. You will be charged a 10% restocking fee, which will be deducted before issuing a final refund. All round trip shipping charges, including any Free Shipping qualified purchases we paid shipping for, will also be deducted in addition to the restocking fee.
Refused Deliveries that go unclaimed and are returned back to us will be stored for 3 months by us in the original unopened shipping package. We will contact you directly concerning this return to get instructions from you for either a re-shipment of the packge or a refund. If you want it re-shipped we will collect further shipping charges from you to be paid for prior to re-shipment. Any refunds are in accordance to our policy stated above. Should attempts to contact you go unanswered after the three month period, the package will be opened and all contents disposed of in a proper manner. Please note we keep a date log of all contact attempts made to you by us, through emails and by phone, concerning your refused delivery/unclaimed return. Please make every effort to respond so that we can settle the issue to your satisfaction.
Paint and Powder Cosmetics endeavors to provide the highest quality customer service and satisfaction, but we are human, and occasionally we do make mistakes in packing orders and shipping. In the event that we made mistakes with your order please contact us within 24 hours of receipt of your wrong shipment and we will take steps to correct it immediately to your satisfaction.
We will ship you your corrected order in same day turnaround shipping. The corrected shipment will also include a return shipping label inside that has an RMA number on it to return the wrongly shipped item or shipment to us in it's original shipping container. You will not be charged any additional shipping fees to receive your correct shipment, or to return the wrong shipment to us.
DAMAGED GOODS SHIPMENT:
As perfect as we try to be in packing product shipments securely, there are the very rare occurrences when a product's packaging breaks or spills during shipping. If your products arrive damaged, please contact us immediately for further instructions. Don't destroy or throw away either the shipping container or the broken products, or we will not be able to verify and correct the situation for you. Hold on to them for return to us at our return shipping expense.
Upon notification to us of the situation and the damage incurred, we will decide, at our discretion whether to send you a new shipment of same products or refund the purchase amount of the damaged products. You will be given an RMA number to ship back to us all the damaged items. You will not be charged any additional shipping fees to to return the damaged products shipment to us or receive an exchange shipment.
Our liability is limited to the cost or replacement of the goods sold, Please understand we cannot guarantee the condition of any item once it physically leaves our facility for shipping and is delivered to you. Nor can we be held responsible for the manner in which you receive the product, but we will do our very best to guarantee a satisfactory outcome. PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to refuse replacement for falsified or purposely damaged items not caused by shipping and delivery means.
COLD CLIMATE SENSITIVE PRODUCTS:
Products ordered and shipped during extreme cold or winter months, such as latex, silicone, gels, adhesives, and are susceptible or sensitive to freezing or severe cold weather during shipping. They may be chemically altered or spoiled upon arrival to a location that experiences frigid climate conditions. Skin care items in glass containers may break if frozen during shipping.
Therefore, we are not responsible for freeze or cold sensitive product's condition upon arrival to your location. We strongly recommend Express shipping during the extreme cold or winter months, particularly during November to March. Please understand you are ordering at your own risk during these times. We always recommend to our customers that they order enough supplies of these items during the late fall months to last through the colder parts of the year.
We value your opinions. If you have comments or questions about our Returns and Cancellation Policy, please send them to , or write to us at the following address:
Paint and Powder Cosmetics
4116 Walney Road, Suite B
Chantilly, VA 20151
Page Last Updated on February 12, 2013