This scar set is the perfect addition to complete your Dark Night Jester portrayal, and you will be the hit of the party! They give ultra high realism in look and movement that you can't get with wax, gelatin or latex. The encapsulated silicone prosthetics are simply the best on the market today, and not only have the texture of real skin, but they articulate exactly with the skin in movement, even wrinkling as skin does.
They also have enhanced textural finishes for great looking definition and realism. The generous flashing on the piece allows you the maximum capability of blending the appliance on skin smoothly and seamlessly. The prosthetics are encapsulated within medical grade elastomeric urethane which allows the flashing and edges to be blended off to imperceptibility using only 99% isopropyl alcohol.
Important - You can use Graftobian Spirit Gum, MM-1049, but we strongly suggest that you use a professional grade adhesive or for a stronger and longer wearing bond to skin. You can use Telesis 5 Silicone Adhesive, MM-1105 or Graftobian's medical grade Pro-Adhesive, MM-1004.
1. Clean skin area where the prosthetic will be applied with alcohol or an alcohol based astringent.
2. Position the prosthetic where you want it placed and powder lightly around the flashing edges to create a positioning pattern. Set the prosthetic aside. Beginners should not cut the flashing off the appliance as it will be easier to learn how to blend the edges with the flashing in place.
3. Apply adhesive according to directions on bottle to the back of the prosthetic, NOT including the flashing. Dab a little bit of adhesive in the center of the skin where the prosthetic pattern is located.
4. Position the prosthetic back into the powdered area pattern and press gently.
5. Gently blend off the flashing by using 99% alcohol, alcohol based witch hazel, or cosmetic grade acetone on a cotton swab, rolling it gently against the part between the flashing and appliance, until the flashing melts off.
6. You can now finish out your look with any red, black, and white cream based makeup (not included with prosthetics). We recommend Graftobian Rubber Mask Grease makeup, MM-1261, for the best results and smooth coverage. For other makeup product suggestions click here.
To Remove appliance use an adhesive remover that is appropriate for the kind of adhesive you used to apply the prosthetic, and gently soaking off the adhesive bond with skin. For example, if you used Graftobian's Pro Adhesive, then you will need to use Graftobian's Pro Adhesive Remover, MM-1005.